Tuesday, July 27, 2010

dress up


So I made this dress based mainly off of this pattern, Butterick B5211. Got it on sale at Joanns for only .99 cents. After some tweaks, I made my own version. Shortened it a bit.(More than I intended.) Then added some cut-out detailing on the top. I'm really pleased with the results but horribly upset with my choice in fabric. The pattern recommended using cotton, linen, and such. So I grabbed a Linen/rayon blend figuring that would be perfect. It felt a little rough but I assumed it had some sort of starch or something that would be fixed upon washing. I was so wrong. Washing made it was worse. Fabric softener and warm water did nothing for its softness and I'm 99% positive it just made the texture worse. All I want to do is wear it, but not if it's going to feel like sandpaper all day. What to do, what to do....
And yes, I did you all a favor by covering the ridiculous expression on my face.

(Belt was purchased with a dress I got from forever21)

2 comments:

  1. I just fed your fishies a horrible amount of food....I hope they don't blow up and die....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool. They were looking to scrawny.

    ReplyDelete